As the dynamic shipping landscape evolves, our priority is to continually upgrade to improve your fulfillment efficiency and customer experience. Learn more about some of our new features, customer stories, industry issues, and more in our latest newsletter.
Recent New Features
- QuickBooks Online: You can now toggle between importing Billing Address vs Shipping Address.
- USPS weekend shipping support in ShipRush Discount Postage.
- Ability to select email templates in Automation Rules. To get started with using automation rules check out our guide here
- Newest ecommerce connections: Discogs, ExchangeWP, Finale Inventory, Overstock, Shopware, UltraCart, Wish, Zentail, and Zenventory.
- New GUI interface coming soon! Contact support if you would like to try it out.
U.S. Stays in the Universal Parcel Union (UPU) After Agreement Reached On 2020 Rate Increases
In September, the Universal Postal Union (UPU) approved a plan to raise rates starting July 1, 2020. The new deal addresses the U.S. government’s request for more control in setting postal rates. Known as terminal dues, the fees are what countries charge one another to handle international small package deliveries. Member countries affected include those with in-bound letter/post volumes over 75,000 metric tons. The deal also offers thresholds to protect low volume, developing nations from higher fees. Read more about the UPU agreement here
Game Room Guys Wins with ShipRush and NetSuite
Game Room Guys is a Michigan-based family business that helps consumers create entertainment spaces in their own homes. The business has seen steady growth, expanding from several hundred orders per month to over 5,000 shipments. To capitalize on business growth, Game Room Guys automated order fulfillment from order creation through to parcel shipping and delivery tracking using Descartes ShipRush combined with the NetSuite enterprise resource planning system. Using our solution Game Room Guys saved 2 to 3 percent per month in shipping costs, automated their best practices, and streamlined fulfillment and accounting with seamless NetSuite integration Read the full Game Room Guys story here
Access to Over 200+ Carriers Using Our LTL Freight Capabilities
Companies that usually ship with parcel should not overlook substantial savings (up to 50 percent off parcel shipping costs) by shipping bulk orders or over-sized items with less than truckload (LTL) freight. LTL refers to small freight deliveries that are too large to be classified as parcels and too small to fill an entire truck. Descartes ShipRush’s LTL freight offering can now connect your company to hundreds of offered small regional LTL Freight carriers or even build connections to your own specific regional carrier relationships and discounts! Call or email customer support to find out more, including a complete list of supported carriers.Here are some tips on how to save using LTL freight.
Get Ready for the Holidays
- Important shipping deadlines for U.S. military families.
- Scan-based returns are available now This service is sometimes called Pay on Use returns. Scan-based Returns are only for domestic, U.S. shipments. Pay only when they are used and print as many labels as you want.
ShipRush In the News
- Global Newswire: Descartes ShipRush™ Ecommerce Shipping Solution Now Offers Full LTL Freight Support
- Multichannel Merchant: ShipRush Adds LTL Capability to its SMB Shipping Software
- Descartes Systems Group on Warehouse Efficiencies to Beat Peak Seasons
As part of Descartes, did you know that we also offer an advanced warehousing solution to drive down labor costs and substantially boost productivity? Learn more about how we can have you optimize the warehouse and more. The ShipRush team is here to help. Please reach out to the email or phone below.
Web chat at: www.shiprush.com