- Developers working in Java, .NET, C++, Delphi and other tools
- In-house, contract and commercial developers
- Software in the WMS, order management, e-commerce and fulfillment segments
- Process rating and label transactions without showing the ShipRush GUI
- Generate large numbers of shipping labels (in bulk or batch)
- Calculate shipping costs
- Check shipping service availability
The difference between Visual and Non-Visual Components is that with the Non-Visual Component, shipping and rating is done without showing the interactive ShipRush UI to the user. This means that ShipRush will process the shipment, but all required shipment parameters must be set from the host application in order for the shipment to proceed. Compared to the Web Service, the Non-Visual Component runs in-process, whereas the ShipRush Web Service runs outside your process. The Web Service never shows a ShipRush UI during shipping.
The Non-Visual Component offers programatic access to essentially the entire ShipRush system, providing for full shipping integration into your application.
The Non-Visual Component is perfect if:
- You want full control of the shipping UI and do not want to surface the ShipRush UI
- You run batches of shipments
- You are in an automated environment, without a computer operator present to use a shipping UI
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ShipRush?
What is the Shiprush SDK?
Why Shouldn't I just code to the shipping carrier myself?
If you choose a ShipRush developer tool, we do the heavy lifting. We are constantly updating ShipRush to stay current with the shipping carriers. And we know shipping front-to-back, because that is all we do. By using ShipRush we will take care of the constant updates and complex business rules of shipping that are critical to maintain your integration. You’ll be able to ship worry-free.