With automation rules, you can do all sorts of things, such as:
- Rate shop any combination of carriers and services, and ship using the cheapest option that gets it there within 3 days.
- If SKU starts with WIDGET, set the weight to 4 pounds and box size to 12 x 8 x 10 then ship via Priority Mail.
- For customer X, always ship using carrier Y.
- If weight is less than 16 ounces and it's a US address, always send USPS First Class.
- If the order total is less than $100, do not insure.
- If the order came from Amazon and says Expedited Shipping, use the cheapest method that gets it there within 2 days.